Inventory of Images
The Online Froissart has generated in excess of 2TB of image files. These range from digital facsimiles of complete manuscripts
to single images captured on-site or ordered from research libraries.
Complete digital surrogates of the following manuscripts are included on this site:
- Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center, The University of Texas at Austin, ms. 48 (Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center)
- Stonyhurst College Library, ms. 1 (Colin Dunn, Scriptura Ltd)
- Besançon, Bibliothèque d’Étude et de Conservation, mss 864-865 (Colin Dunn and David Cooper)
- Toulouse, Bibliothèque d’Étude et du Patrimoine, ms. 511 (Colin Dunn, Scriptura Ltd)
- Brussels, Bibliothèque Royale, mss II 88 and IV 251 (Colin Dunn, Scriptura Ltd)
- Paris, Bibliothèque nationale de France, fonds français mss 2663-2664 (Ateliers photographiques, Bibliothèque nationale de
- The Hague, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, ms. 72 A 25 (Royal Library)
- Antwerp, Plantin-Moretus Museum, MSS 15.4, 15.5 and 15.5 (Peter Maes)
These can be viewed from Manuscript Facsimiles.
Archival images from the Stonyhurst, Toulouse, Besançon and Brussels manuscripts were captured as TIFFs at 500dpi, at approximately
145MB per image; after processing, they were reduced to 8MB per image, using the JPEG2000 standard.
Images from the Paris BnF and Austin manuscripts were captured at 300dpi, at approximately 50MB per image; after processing,
they were reduced to 3.5MB per image, using the JPEG2000 standard.